Our wrought iron lighting designs range from the traditional Medieval and Gothic style to Contemporary and beyond.
All our designs are individually handmade in our own workshop in the UK. No mass production or cheap quality imports.
SPW Ironworks lighting offers you quality and individual design, at a fair price. You can customise any design to suit your own requirements or have something designed specifically for yourself.
Types of lighting we offer include:
- Gothic, Medieval and contemporary wrought iron chandeliers.
- Wall lights and sconces.
- Vintage lighting.
- Industrial style lighting.
- Edison vintage style filament bulbs.
- Free standing floor lamps.
- Table lamps.
- Electric / candle combinations.
- Bedside lights.
- Pendant lighting.
- Kitchen Island lighting.
- Bespoke one-off pieces.
Types of lamp (bulb) available are:
- Standard tungsten filament / incandescent - Wide choice of shapes and sizes, quite hot in use with average life expectancy, not very energy efficient.
- Energy Saving or CFL's - Limited choice of shapes and sizes, produce negligible heat. Around 5x more efficient than Tungsten and last about 8x longer. Quite bulky and unattractive.
- Halogen - Available in 240v or 12v, 240v is less efficient with a shorter life. 12v is more efficient than Tungsten and will last about 2x longer. All get very hot in use and are not as efficient as CFL's.
- LED - The most energy efficient of all, the variety and availability is rapidly increasing, they are cheap to run and will last much longer than other types of lamp or bulb. Extremely efficient with no heat output and give a clean white light, others offer a 'warm' light to give the same feel as a Tungsten lamp. They are more expensive than other lamps but are steadily coming down in price.